Monday, February 22, 2010

Penny Lane... Is in my heart...


Liverpool!! 

Disclaimer: This post is best read while listening to your favorite Beatles song :)

Well guys, I got a "Ticket to Ride" into Liverpool, where I discovered "All You Need is Love," and "From Me to You," I realized that every time I try to say goodbye, I say Hello. "Hello Goodbye" Liverpool! 

Alright, I will stop for now, but believe me, I believe I could talk "Beatles" talk for a long time, especially after visiting their stomping ground of Liverpool. I have to be quite honest, once arriving in Liverpool, I realized I knew nothing about the city except for one thing, and that one thing was enough: The Beatles were formed in Liverpool, and was the playground for the beginnings of arguably the best bend in the universe. 

After a rough start to Liverpool, which consisted of a 5 hour bus ride, we slept off our frustration, and woke up to a new day. The whole bus ride I listened to my 5 albums I have of the Beatles, and was pumped up and ready to see the home of the Beatles, and the home of the Beatles is what we did! 


We headed to Button St, which is where the Cavern Club is located. 

For those who are living under a rock, the Cavern Club is the location of the pub where the Beatles were found by their manager Brian Epstein.  The Beatles made their first appearance during a lunchtime rush on Tuesday, February 21st, 1961! 



Here is the original entrance to the Cavern Club!!! The Cavern was closed for a couple of years, and has since created a new entrance to the underground club. 

A rocking store next door :) 

The walk downstairs to The Cavern... 

The Cavern is very unique. It is underground, and lit up all by dark red hues. ALL over the walls are posters, records, and signings up famous people who have played at The Cavern. It was amazing to walk by a wall, and see signatures of musicians from the past 70 years. 

:) This makes me smile even just looking at it. This was one of the walls in the Cavern, specifically for the Beatles. 


T
THE STAGE. Literally, THE STAGE where the Beatles would perform. I may not wash the clothes I was wearing that day... ;)

Love this quote.


Anywho, I suppose there were some other cool places in the town :) I walked around Liverpool quite a bit, and managed to see some pretty sites. 

A gorgeous church located really close to our hostel. 

The Liverpool Cathedral! It is the largest Cathedral in the United Kingdom, and the 5th largest in the world! 

Liverpool did have some great shopping centres! Grandma, this is for you: 
See anything different from America's store? :)




But... back to the Beatles. :)

I was a little excited to be standing where Ringo, Paul, George, and John were once standing! 



1 comment:

  1. Jamie, Jamie, Jamie, WOW you look like you're having the time of your life, am loving the pics and comments, can't wait to see you at home again but a little sad that it will end a great adventure in your life.

    ReplyDelete